Holly from myreellife tagged me for the Liebster Award! Thank you Holly!
Before we get started, let me go over the rules for this award:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you for the award
2. Answer the questions they gave you
3. Give 11 fun facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, and give them 11 questions to answer
And now, lets get started!
Here are the 11 questions that Holly asked me:
1. What is your favorite book of the Bible and why? Hmmm...There are so many good books of the Bible! I would probably say that the Timothys are my favorite book(s) because they are so rich.
2. What is your favorite top 3 books? My top three favorite books are 1. Ben-Hur by Lew Wallace, 2. Westward Ho! by Charles Kingsley, and 3. The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton-Porter. They are all great books!
3. What is your least favorite food? Hmm...I'd have to say tuna casserole :P I don't have good memories with that dish!
4. What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream! I love cold desserts in general :)
5. If you were able to travel back in time, what time period would you go to? I think I would like to go to the 1950s and '60s...We love watching the old shows from that time period and, though I know the era had it's own set of struggles, I love that family seems to be valued and honored and morals seem to be held to a higher standard.
6. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas for sure!
7. Apple or Samsung? Well, I have neither, so I'll just say...Apple?
8. If you could meet anyone from the Bible, who would you want to meet? Get ready for my Sunday School answer...Jesus! I love being in His presence already, just by reading His word. But to be in His physical presence would take it to a whole different level. But for the sake of a non-Sunday-School answer, I would like to meet Queen Esther. She has always been a favorite of mine. Or maybe Daniel. Or Joseph. Ooh, or Job. = ⫿
9. What is your favorite blog to read? I love to read Story Embers for the sake of writing articles; I have found them to be very helpful. Otherwise, I'd have to say my favorite blog to read would be A Farm Girl's Life by Allison. She seems to have a lot of interests in common with me and I love to see her beautiful art and photography, and read about her adventures!
10. Absolute favorite soundtrack from a movie? Oh boy! I'll admit, I haven't listened to movie soundtracks in awhile, but I do love the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe soundtrack.
11. Kendrick brothers (Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Courageous and War Room) or Erwin Brothers (Mom's Night Out, Woodlawn, and I Can Only Imagine)? Another tough one but I'm going to have to go with Erwin Brothers. I've never seen Woodlawn, but Mom's Night Out is hilarious and I Can Only Imagine was very impactful, moving and well done.
Great questions Holly! Thank you so much for tagging me!
Now for 11 fun facts about me:
1. I love birds and bird watching
2. I have experimented with nine different mediums of art, give or take
3. I love springtime and fall
4. I have never had braces
5. I have always shared a room with at least one sibling
6. I can't remember one time when I haven't melted the butter too much when making chocolate chip cookies :D Let's just say the baking is my brother's department :)
7. My favorite time to read is at night after everyone has gone to bed - unfortunately that's not quite conducive with getting up on time the next day ;)
8. I love thunderstorms
9. The latest I have stayed up is 4:30am
10. I write my stories by hand in a notebook about 87% of the time. Imagine that?
11. I simply adore my family
And there you have it!
Now, let us see if I can come up with 11 people to nominate...
1. Maddy @maddysdigitaldiaries
2. Allison @afarmgirlslife
3. Kaylee @kayleekindofwrites
4. Parker @pencilsandpianos
5. Amanda @amandajoywrites
6. Mariposa/Aberdeen @dinosdigest
7. Amie @crazya
(Sorry, I just don't have 11 people to tag =/ Let me know if you want to claim one of the "You!" spots)
And here are my 11 questions for you all to answer:
1. What is your favorite music group?
2. What is your greatest vice about blogging or the blogosphere?
3. What do you love about blogging or the blogosphere?
4. What is a passage of scripture that has meant a lot to you in a moment of struggle or joy? Or if you haven't experienced that yet, what is your favorite passage of scripture?
5. What would be your dream terrain to live in? (Mountains, beach, desert, etc.)
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. What is your favorite book and why?
8. What is one country you dream of visiting?
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
10. If you could choose between the weather being eternally rainy but the perfect temperature, and the weather being eternally sunny and cheery but unbearably hot (or unbearably cold, whichever is the opposite of your preference :D), which would you choose?
11. If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you choose?
If you need a refresher on the rules, please refer to the beginning of this post.
Ready…set…go answer some questions!!!
P.S. You guessed it, The Pirates of Time is ready for it's first appearance on this blog! I just figured that, since Holly tagged me for the Liebster Award back in July, I should probably get this post up first :D But be on the lookout for The Pirates of Time, coming soon to a blog near you!